Friday, October 3, 2008

every single thing..

Hey all.
Know this is kinda 'post30in30' but I started late...
coz I'd realised I'd developed a habit of 'tract-n-run' n was using tracts as an excuse to tell myself i'd 'done-my-bit', or even with sharing the gospel n realised after that I'd just run as far as I could, instead of sticking around for opportunities to share about God. So when 30in30 came around I was trying to figure out why I was so reluctant, n then I realised.... I'd forgotten how to love.
So Truc invites me to ur bbq thing and I turn up n realise... u guy's know what it's all supposed to be about,love.
And I meant to say ages ago, that I've been sososososooo encouraged by you all. So yeah, thanks for reminding me :)

So just now...
I was intending to go home early after work coz of family stuff but then my colleagues headed into town so I went in with them and then they kept insisting I join them for dinner n a movie, which I was very tempted to do but then thought....I really should head home.
So I was thinking I hadn't given a tract out today but was figuring that something would come up since I'd go take the bus.
Usually when taking public transport there are heaaaaaps of opportunities but I saw another guy who I'd met at the bus stop before but I missed that bus and so had to take the train. Usually I try and make eye contact with ppl n say hi when I sit down near them to try and initiate conversation but when I got on the train, the ppl I sat next to didn't seem to keen to talk so I left it. Then when I was waiting for the bus at the train station, no eye contact. So I was rather stumped and was wondering if maybe it just wasn't the right timing or something and was thinking I shouldn't try and push it myself. I said a prayer asking the Spirit to guide me and for God to give me an opportunity if He wanted me to do something.
Then the girl who was sitting on the bench leans over and asks me the time. So we start talking and it turns out she's heading to the same suburb, same stop as me and she's going to the same school I used to.
I introduce myself saying, 'by the way, I'm Katie' and she goes....'me too'!
She asks me what I'm up to now, (just graduated from architecture, working now) and then says her sis is doing archi...
and it turns out i know her sis! who went to Churchlands too and was in my brother's year...
and i hardly see her but I'm meeting her for dinner tmr coz she's friends with my colleagues (one of which I tracted with this girl's sis last year)!
so she mentioned her friend might not be home and she might have to wait around for her... so i gave her the tract to read if she was waiting...

so there goes God teaching me again that every single little thing is in His hands!

:)

some of the other things that've happened so far...
- first met this girl when i did work exp with her firm, she stopped after the 1st degree n said she'd do the 2nd one day. when she came back to uni i didn't see her much but tracted her and another girl (the train station girl's sis) when i bumped into her when i went to uni just to collect stuff after i'd graduated. tracted her again this year with a diff tract. met with a couple of other grads in the city to pray and she came along and was very grateful!
- was thinking how absent-minded i am when i read adrian's email about not forgetting tracts the night before and then realising i'd forgotten to refill. had been praying for opps to share with another colleague but thought i wouldn't be alone with her. the other girl left and got the opp to share about the accident and the gospel!
- an ex-colleague n i had a convo about faith just before he left n told him how i didn't use to think it was true. Gave him 'Case for Christ' (lee strobel) n he said he's reading it and he's finding it interesting n thanked me again.
- missed the usual bus. took another, got off at the wrong stop. got lost. ran for a bus. talked to the guy i sat down next to. chatted, emails, shared gospel!
- colleague headed to melb. gave him something to read in the plane
- shared gospel with a girl who i met at my colleague's bday do after she asked me what my necklace was about (cross n a ring)
- ppl from church asking how 30in30 is going leading to more opportunities to share with ppl about 30in30 n the 'treasure hunt'
- shared gospel with someone from primary school
- shared gospel with a highschool friend
- was praying for opportunity as i headed to work. waiting at traffic lights, girl comes up n asks me where tafe is. walkin towards there with her, direct n tract

so yeah, pretty amazed by what God's been showing me and wondering how He's going to stretch me as i've still got more tracts to go...

No comments: