Thursday, September 5, 2013

Which Tract Should I Give Out?

Rachel - My colleague who is a Christian. I was talking to her this afternoon and saying how I'm a bit nervous about giving out the tracts in my work place, especially if I get into trouble for it. She mentioned that I'm not forcing people to take it and if people get offended they can always tell me that they're not interested or hand it back etc. I thought I had given her the tract previously a while ago, but she said that I hadn't.

When I gave her one to look at her eyes lit up and she said that they were exactly the same tracts that her Uncle used to give out in New Zealand! Her Uncle would hitch hike, go around the world handing out the tracts and books and ask people about God. 

Her sister had recently asked her which tracts were appropriate to give out and Rachel had mentioned that the Uncle used to give out tracts "something about life" and something about cartoons.

She asked if she could keep it to show her sister and I said yes.

She then mentioned how it was often difficult to hand out tracts to others, but not to worry about consequences. I then talked to her about certain colleagues I felt fearful in giving the tracts to, particularly one named Stacey (who is lovely but just nervous about it). Rach said she would love me to give one to Stacey because she is genuinely scared about death. One time they had a short talk about how Stacey believes in God but doesn't "have the faith" like Rachel.

I said I would definitely pray, and usually Stacey and I are the last people to leave the office. I said maybe I might even have a chance to talk to her a bit.

No comments: