Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Provoking Christians to evangelise

To provoke other christian to evangelise was one of the purpose of sept 30in30 but I didn't expect that God would work in such a miracous way. I prayed and asked God to give me the opportunity to give a tract to Sonja (supervisor).The story goes from Day 1 of my 2nd tract...

Early in the morning when i arrive work, a lady parked her car next to me and i was quite hesitant to give her the tract because of "fear". However, I prayed for courage and the Lord led me to have the opportunity to say "hi" to her and ask what her name is? Bethany, she answered and i gave her my 2nd tract and she put on a big smile and told me that she is a Christian too and goes to Bethany christian church.I was like, "Phew"....i was almost ashamed of the gospel but Thank God for upholding me and i told her to give this to someone else. She was happy with that. To my surprise she knew some of our Church ppl while she was at a uni christian union. So Thank God for that..

The story did not end here... Lunch time came...there were 3 of us eating lunch together then one of my "supervisor", Sonja , came to sit with us (which is rare). So me and my other colleague(also a Christian) started to talk about eternal things. We asked her what is her purpose for living on earth.. then we went into sharing the gospel with her..she was very willing to listen as we got another colleague next to us (Thank God for that)..however, our lunch time exceeded more than 15 mins..there was like someone telling us to go back so we had to stop there. But what's encouraging is that we have shared the gospel with her and it was especially encouraging to have a fellow christian colleague evangelising together at work. In the end, we worked an extra 20 mins for exceeding the lunch time but it was worthwhile even though i still haven't given the tract to her but God has opened a door for us to evangelise to her as well as provoking other Christian to evangelise!

All glo
ry to God! May we still continue to give our best(really the BEST) to Our Almighty God in Heaven!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank God! And so early in the outreach too.