Thursday, September 4, 2008

God's Humour

On 31st August 2008, the day before my second September 30in30, I picked up a whole range of different gospel tracts from church including my favourite, the Chick comic book tract This Was Your Life. I planned to give out at least one tract per day. I usually take a taxi home each night from work, I could just give one to each taxi driver. I had my tracts in my suit jacket pocket so on Monday night, I gave a Chick tract to the taxi driver. The next night as usual, I’m chatting to the taxi driver. The conversation continued and suddenly we were talking about his addiction to gambling. He mentioned how he could never save any money. When he won, he would spend it and go on holidays and when he lost, he would just work harder to make the money back. We arrive outside my place. It was at this time that I normally give the taxi driver a tract. Then suddenly, I realize I’m wearing a different suit to yesterday! My Chick tracts are in my other suit! I scrambled around trying to find a tract, and then I realize I do have one… the $1,000,000 gospel tract! How appropriate! Hahaha! I don’t think I could have planned this event if I tried.

Thank God for this situation and opportunity. I hope you all continue to share the gospel, not only in September, but always. =) God bless, Gav.

No comments: