Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chicken meets the "Beast"

Lack of sleep, traffic jam, hungry - so many "reasons" why not to meet God this morning, but nevertheless, I found myself at the park doing quiet time… somehow. When I arrived, I saw a man at a park bench; he had the homeless look. Decided I better do my hit and run before my quiet time in case he leaves without me noticing. Approaching him, I was somewhat scared so I asked God to help me. As I got closer I noticed he had a note book in front of him, he was writing a letter. I gave him the tract and told him that's something for him to read, he thanked me for it and asked me what it was, I replied that it was a Gospel tract. I was about to "run" back to my car when much to my surprise he asked me to explain the Gospel. First I hesitated because I wasn't sure if he was sincere, I said a small prayer and I sat down, and we started talking. Turned out he was intrigued because a little young lady had the courage to approach someone like him despite his looks; apparently he normally gets judged by his appearance. He said he thought whatever it was, it must be important. It sure was. Thank God for the opportunity to share the gospel to the man, spent a good half an hour talking to him, it was a pleasant experience (he wasn't scary at all!), I think both him and I enjoyed it. He was open to hear but I'm not too sure if he believed what I was saying to him, so to help him know I was serious, as I left, I said to him that there's a reason why we both came here today (he looked a bit puzzled because I think he was thinking "because I took my wife to the dentist?"), I pointed at the tract and continued, ".. and this is the reason." His face froze and I smiled.

1 comment:

Nimmy said...

Thanks for all the posts, your blog encouraged me a lot. God bless you always. -Nimmy from Nigeria