Monday, September 17, 2012

You Might Not Remember Me, But I Remember You

Have you ever had the experience where you did something with someone or met someone but even though you could not remember them, they have a very clear memory of the encounter with you? No matter how much you try to make your "impression" in people's lives, one way to leave an eternal impression is to extend the Gospel message to someone today. One day in Heaven, maybe someone will come up to you and say, you don't remember me, but...


As I was paying for my takeaway at Yuki Japanese restaurant, I asked this young lady who works as a waitress on her lunch shift, "Have I given you this tract?" She said yes, you did. She then started to describe to me that it was an evening when I was there for dinner at the restaurant that I had given it to her. It was unexpected that she could remember that event so vividly. Then I recalled it would have been a few months ago and I remembered that she looked really appreciative when receiving the tract that evening.

She handed the tract back to me. I then asked her, "Did you understand the tract?". She said "Yes, actually I am a Christian" "Which church do you go to?" "My church is ok..." she looked a little unsure...then I continued, "Do you go to a youth group?"

As there was a queue behind me, she had to carry on with serving the next customer. She said softly to me, "Can I have your mobile number?" I said to her of course. I stepped aside, waited for her to hand me the piece of paper that she wanted me to write on. Then, I wrote her name down asking for hers too. In between a few seconds gap before another customer walk up to the counter, she quickly wrote her number down for me too.

God had started the conversation for Tracy and I. Since then I have started to tell her more about our fellowship group and our church. It will be exciting to see where God brings this to!

No comments: