Friday, September 7, 2012

With God the World is Small

The story begins in March 2012.....Evelyn has been a recent friend whom I have met through a stranger sitting next to us at Kings Park, Zamia cafe a few months ago. Thinking back, I am always in awe seeing how God works. Evelyn would have been that stranger's friend's nephew's wife!

This stranger (Auntie Emily), also a friend of my mother in law now, brought Evelyn's auntie along when we met up again a week later (since Zamia cafe) at Coffee Club in Karrinyup Shopping centre. Very quickly, Evelyn's auntie was excited to find out that Evelyn (which I have not met yet at that time) and I live in the same suburb. She had asked for my contact number and wrote Evelyn's number down for me.

Since that day, Evelyn and I have started contacting each other. By God's leading, Evelyn and I went from not knowing each other to being friends.  During our first meet up, as we had not seen each other before, all we knew was that both of us will be appearing with prams. Since that first contact, it has been a burden in my heart to hand her a tract and talk to her more about the gospel.

God provided the opportunity and paved the way. Today, in our second get together, I decided to pass this tract to her and share with her my testimony of how God has been my strength and portion...our common link was young kids...so I shared with her how hard it would have been if I was without God, my Guide in child rearing. The conversation went on and as we get to know each other more over a cup of coffee with our 2 sleeping kids, God had provided a perfect time for us to talk.

I am personally amazed again and again as how God works wonders that I may gaze with my eyes and experience with my life.

No comments: