Thursday, September 13, 2012

God's Hand is Not Shortened

On the way to Murdoch by bus, a guy came up to the bus, and sat beside me. Suddenly the Holy Spirit convicted me to give him a gospel tract. Reluctant at first, then I remembered this is not by coincidence I met him today, but by the sovereignty of my God.  I dug my bag for a Chinese tract (I thought he was from China, with the clothes he's wearing, and the way he holds his bag, and how he was continually checking his surrounding, and most of all he was reading a Chinese book besides me).  

To my dismay, I can't find any Chinese tract in my bag, most probably ran out of it. It came to my head then, "Is this God's way of telling me I shouldn't give him a tract?" But it can't be, because John 3:16 said "whosoever believeth in Him" and Matthew 28:19 said "teach all nations" said it so obviously. 

I prayed in my heart and determined to give him a tract, an English tract, and I gave him a tract, asking him in Chinese if he had ever received one before. To my BIG surprise, he responded in English, perhaps not hearing properly what I just said. Thank God I managed to explain that this is a gospel tract, and he received it. Oh how I should never judge a book by its cover! This Great Commission is to ALL Christians to share the gospel to EVERYONE. Truly, in God, nothing is impossible!

Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: 

No comments: