Monday, September 2, 2013

Opportunities Come to Those Looking

We were in the play room with three kids when she started telling me about how her teaching prac is at a Catholic Education School and how they made her lead the Lord's Prayer on her first day. She mentioned that she's Catholic, but not really and it was mainly her grandmother, who adopted her mother, that was devout and an "angel on earth". She said she had sort of departed from it but needed to go through the things she had learnt when she went to church as a child, particularly for that prac. When asked her why she had wandered, she mentioned that her mother had brought her to church only on Christmas or Easter and then that's when they just sort of stopped going all together.

I mentioned that I'm a Christian (I think she knows as we're friends on Facebook) and how there's differences in Catholicism (didn't get to go into detail as we were interrupted and she had to go off somewhere).

Then later on I knew I should give her a tract because God had opened this door for me, literally as if like handing it to me. I felt so nervous especially doing it in the work place and I didn't know Megan very very well.

I went to talk to my colleague, Rachel, who is a Christian about it and she just said "Just do it! God just handed it right to you." She then proceeded to go back to her desk and say that she would pray for me while I handed over the tract.

So off i went and finally handed the tract to my colleague, saying that this was a gospel tract and it might help her to read up about it. She said she would read it and it may benefit her prac. Thank God! Pray that Megan would read it and maybe we can discuss it some time. 

No comments: