Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fear of Evangelism Proves Irrational

Stacey - had previously wrote about being nervous to give her a tract, and then my other colleague Rachel encouraged me to because she had a conversation with her where Stacey revealed that she was scared of death.

I finally asked her if I could give her a tract. She actually said "I've seen you handing these around and was wondering, when are you going to give me mine!"
Thank God I was able to talk to her as well about what she believes.


She said that her grandmother used to take her to church when she was little and that her grandmother was heavily involved in her church but then stopped going. When I asked her what she believed, she said that she believed in a God. She said there would have to be. Particularly since just looking at the world, how big it is etc. She also said she believes there must be something after this life, because what would be the purpose.


We talked a bit about her, and how she sometimes was scared of dying. Particularly since she felt like she has so much more to live rather than where she would go. Asked her what she thought would happen after death, and she said she feels like she would go to the "good place" because she felt she was a good person. I was able to talk to her about sin, Jesus dying on the cross for us, that we were sinners destined to hell (think that woke her up a bit), and believing in Jesus and asking for forgiveness etc. I didn't go into a lot of detail, but was able to chat with her, thank God! 


She said she would read the tract.

I then went to tell my supervisor, Su Ann, who is a Christian. Since Stacey and her are very close, and she knows about my tracting. I encouraged Su Ann to follow up with Stacey, since they are close and she's never really talked to her about her faith before.

Thank God for the experience and ability to talk to Stacey, especially as I had in mind that I would tract her. Pray that she would one day come to accept Christ or want to know more. 

No comments: