Tuesday, September 7, 2010

For 30in30 in the previous years, I had always chosen the "tract and run" approach. For this year, I have been praying that I can give out the tracts to people I know (eg. colleagues) or those who I often meet or see (eg. on the bus or train) so that I will have the opportunity to follow-up on them. I thank God that for the first three days I had been able to tract the people I often meet.

 

By Monday, I was 2 tracts behind, but I knew that I would be meeting a few people at the bus-stop. I prayed while walking to the bus-stop and saw one of the ladies who I usually sat next to on the bus to the train station. From previous conversations, I know that she goes to a Catholic church every Sunday. I gave her the tract and told her about 30in30.

 

After my train stop, I got on the Red Cat and saw one of my colleagues, whom I know is also a Roman Catholic who goes to church every Sunday with his family. When we were walking to the office, I gave him the tract and also told him about 30in30.  

 

I still had Tract #6 to give out and prayed that God will "bring the right person to me". Before I left work, I went to the kitchen to wash my cup. One of my colleagues came in to fill his water bottle and asked how was my weekend. I told him that Sat was a relaxing day and Sunday was church, ie worship, old folks home and sister's fellowship. He then asked me about church as he used to go to a Roman Catholic school and so, knows a bit about the religion. He said that his parents are not religious and he was never baptised. I told him that I have something for him to read and gave him Tract #6. We talked a bit more about Christianity and he told me that he'll read the tract. I'm really thankful that God opened up the opportunity to talk to him. I pray that God will give me courage and opportunities to follow-up with those who have received the tracts.

No comments: