Thursday, September 10, 2015

Be a listener when preaching the Gospel

When I was getting my groceries today, Teryl the check out lady started a conversation with me and asked me how my day had been. I in turn asked her how she was and she told me she had been better. I asked her why and she said life had been pretty tough for her of late - her dog had been sick and also her marriage was starting to fall apart. I told her that I believe that everything happens for a reason and through difficulties, we can grow. 

She smiled and she said 'I hope so'. She then apologised for unloading on me and I just said, it was no problem at all and I told her I was a Christian and that I would pray for her, to which she replied 'really? you would do that?' and I said of course! At that moment I could see her eyes getting 'moist' so I offered her a tract 'this is for you, it's a gospel tract and I hope it will bring you some encouragement' and she received it with a smile. Thank God for the opportunity and if you read this, please keep Teryl in prayer

No comments: