Monday, September 12, 2016

iPad down, Eyes up for Souls

Mabu. I usually use my iPad on the bus, but this time I didn't. Around halfway to uni, an African lady leaned over and asked me how to get to ECU. I told her that I was going there and said I could take to ECU and to the building if she wanted. She was very thankful and I managed to get to know her a little bit on the walk to her building (which was at the south end of campus). She had fled South Africa and arrived in Perth in May and was picking up her English test results at ECU. Before she left, I handed her a tract and openly told her that I was a Christian. She was so happy, took the tract, and said that she was a Christian too. I asked her if she had a church to worship at and she said she worshipped at Cornerstone (a Charismatic church) since she lived in Joondalup.

Thank God for the opportunity. Sometimes I think it is a good thing not to be glued to your phone or electronic device - people are usually more likely to interact with you. :)

No comments: