Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tract #17 The Aboriginal, the Caucasian, and the Asian.

As I was taking my clothes out of the dryer this morning at the Laundromat, I was “slapping” myself for grabbing just one tract from the car because there were two ladies in there with me, an Aboriginal and a Caucasian lady. Leaving the Laundromat, I placed the tract on the counter in front of the aboriginal saying, “This is for you to read.” Just as I was about to leave the door, the aboriginal called out to me, “Hey! Are you a Christian?” I turned and noticed she was holding two tracts?! I was quite puzzled until I noticed that the other tract she was holding was a Vietnamese version of This Is Your Life. I thought aloud “Oh wah, I gave out that tract a couple months ago to someone here.” (How many people have read that by now?) The Caucasian lady standing behind the counter pointed at me and shouted, “You’re an evangelist! Praise the Lord!! We’re Christians too!” I turned back and we got talking. The Caucasian lady was so encouraged it was ridiculous, she just couldn’t stop talking and she was talking really fast. I really don’t know what to share from here because so much was said! So here are snippets of our conversation:

Caucasian: We need more people like you out here to evangelise… where are you from?

Me: I’m Vietnamese

Caucasian: Vietnamese?!! You can speak Vietnamese right? You gotta share the Gospel! There are so many Vietnamese people here!

Me: umm… I don’t speak Vietnamese fluently

Caucasian: Well you have to learn!! You must share the Gospel!

Caucasian: We should start a prayer meeting right here!! When is good for you??

Caucasian: This place can be used as an outreach! So many people come here, so many Vietnamese!

Caucasian: (short version) Back in the 80s, me and my husband used to have an outreach in Northbridge, providing coffee and croissants and viewing videos about Jesus. I spent all my superannuation to carpet the place. We didn’t have much but God still blessed it, and the policemen used to bring in people to sit and watch.

Me: Do you think I can leave some tracts here?

Aboriginal: Of course you can!!

Me: Great! I got a small stack in English in my car, and I have Vietnamese ones at home I can drop off.

Caucasian: Wow! Thank God! He really blesses!

…. Here she went on sharing that she has no money and had just borrowed some money from her sister to buy groceries for her family, she just got this job at the Laundromat literally 10 minutes ago offered by the aboriginal. She told me she was saved through a Gospel tract and been praying for some tracts to give out because she has no money to buy them! What makes this so amazing is that I’ve wanted to find a store around my hood to leave tracts – now God answered both of our prayers!

Thank God for this morning, it was definitely something you don’t see everyday - an Aboriginal, a Caucasian and an Asian rejoicing together in a Laundromat.

2 comments:

small steps to glory said...

thats awesome dude :)

Anonymous said...

swkwow thank God!