Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Weed and Alcohol have I none but such as I have give I thee

Fred and I were in the city last night and while we were talking to a guy on the benches near the library, one 19yo guy walked past shouting out asking whether we had any "weed". I took the opportunity to offer him a tract and he took it with a smile asking what it was. When I told him that it was a booklet about Chrisitanity, he said "oh cool" and started looking at it. I asked him whether if he was to die tonight, would he be sure whether he is going to heaven? A long conversation ensued, talking about his experiences with "astro-projection", drugs, oujia boards, suances etc and while he didn't really believe in Christianity, I showed him the verse "And ye shall seek me and find me, if ye search for me with all your heart" and prayed with him that God will give him faith to believe in God sufficiently for him to be saved. Pray for Marcus.
- Tract #0915 Adrian
 
On the way back sitting on the curb obviously drunk was a young Irish guy. I asked if he was ok and he said he was just very drunk. I offered him a tract "don't try to read it right now, save it for when you are a little more sober". - Tract #0914

No comments: