Thursday, September 4, 2014

Friendly Faces Open Gospel Opportunities

1pm @ Coles Garden City today - "I walked passed a few cashiers, they were all taken up. Except for one which was free but I intentionally walked pass following the Holy Spirit's prompting to give this tract to the particular Chinese lady at the self serve check out. So I went to the self serve stations. 

I have been talking to this Chinese lady everytime I see her at the Coles self serve check out cashiers. I said hi again (this time) and she said hi back but said that many people asked her if she remembered them, and she often said no. Just a few days ago when I saw her, I had a slight issue with the bar code of the golden kiwi that I was purchasing. She sorted that out for me. So today, I said to her, "golden kiwi" bar code problem? Do you remember that, she said... yes...then I saw the opportunity. 

I told her actually I wanted to give her a tract for a while. "You better have it", I said to her with urgency. The window of opportunity to speak was less than a minute as people were calling out for her help from few other check out points. I thank God for the opportunity to talk to her though short. (She told me that she used to go to a Charismatic church but she found it too overcrowded and stopped going to church. I invited her to our Church. Pointed the address of our Church at the back of the tract and I had to leave as the person next in queue was waiting to use the station)."

Seems like today was the day for friendly faces. Here is another testimony from someone else that also occurred today, three hours earlier

10am @ Alexander Drive Bus Stop in Mt Lawley - "I took Bus 19 today instead of the usual 885-889 bus and God certainly gave me opportunities on that bus! At North Perth Plaza (where Coles and other little shops are), an elderly lady came on and though we didn't manage to talk, we swapped a lot of smiles during that bus ride. I was planning to just give a tract to the bus driver but gave one to the lady as well. Took it and said thank you. Smiles do go a long way sometimes!"

No comments: