Monday, September 29, 2014

Second Chances Come to Those Looking

Very thankful that God gave me a second chance to pass a tract.

I boarded the busy train but managed to find a seat. And I as I looked at the lady sitting next to me, I realised (with a shock) that I had seen her before a few days ago. She was with her daughter and I remembered them because they were a bit foul mouthed. We had established some form of contact (smile and when the train jerked and I jerked with the train) and I thought I should pass them both a tract. But I didn't - I was too scared of them swearing at me. As I got off, I regretted it and asked God to help me so I wouldn't do that again. And strange enough, I prayed that I would see them again. So you can imagine that I was quite shocked when I found her sitting to me again (especially as this wasn't the usual time I caught trains).

So today, I prayed that I would be able to give her a tract. We had swapped smiles but that was it. I took the tract out of my handbag and held it hoping and praying for the opportunity. Then I thought I would begin to read and hoped that the pictures would catch her eye and that she would ask me what it was. So I read it VERY slowly and tried to angle the book so she could see it. And she did look at it quite often (I could see her out of the corner of my eye).
As the train approached Murdoch, she hadn't said anything regarding the tract so I prayed again and said to her: "I've just read this booklet and I found it to be really good. I thought you might like to have a read of it too." And she was VERY thankful and started opening it. So thank God for answering my prayer and that he gave me a second chance.@ 5:37pm on Wednesday 24/9/14 at Murdoch.  

No comments: